Laboratory Testing Inc. performs both Instrumental Chemical Analysis and classical Wet Chemistry methods to provide customers with information about material composition, including trace elements and impurities. Many test results can be provided qualitatively and quantitatively.
Our chemists analyze metals, powdered metals, ores, ferroalloys, composites, ceramics, polymers and more. Chemical analysis services can support material selection, material verification and identification and failure analysis research.
* ICP Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-AES)
* ICP Mass Spectroscopy (ICP-MS)
* Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectrometry (EDS/EDX) with SEM
* Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (AES)
* Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR)
* Carbon/Sulfur/Nitrogen/Oxygen/Hydrogen Determination
* Positive Material Identification (PMI)
* Sieve Analysis
* Plating Identification
* Density, Porosity & Oil Content
* Classical Wet Chemistry
* Moisture Analysis
Trace analysis is performed using spectrometers with detection limits in the "parts per million or billion" range for many metals. LTI welcomes the opportunity to process work with limited sample weight or specialized requirements.