Scanning Electron Microscopy
Our JEOL 820 scanning electron microscope (SEM) features a large chamber which can be accessed in vent-down mode for oversize components, and a small side-entry port for analysis of smaller samples.
We also perform energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) analysis using an Oxford Instruments light element detector equipped with a 4 Pi EDS analysis system.
* Fracture evaluations of failed components at high magnifications.
* Particle Analysis- Size, Distribution, and Identification.
* Image analysis capabilities using digital imaging including dimensional evaluation and particle sizing.
* Semi-quantitative composition analysis of elements and oxides.
* Contamination analysis of residues and surface conditions.
* Light element detection and analysis.
* EDS analysis of specified multiple points and defined areas within a defined field.
* Dot mapping of regions to determine presence of specified elements.
* Line scan capabilities to detect changes in relative concentrations.